Tuesday, May 25, 2010

postheadericon Can Dogs Eat Cheerios?

Every time I pull out the box of Cheerios, our dog comes running. You see, Cheerios has become one of her favorite treats. And to clarify for all…she does not get them every day, and it’s not an entire bowl full when she does.

My daughter can’t believe that I feed them to her. She’s beside herself at the mere thought of a dog having Cheerios. Now keep in mind that this is the same girl who thinks dressing her small dog in a Juicy Couture sweater is fashionable. I mean hey, she already has a pink spiked collar…which is a complete joke to anyone who comes in contact with her. Our dog is just not capable of being mean. Forget being a watch dog, she’ll let anyone through the door. The only thing she’s interested in is food, a walk, a blanket, and a group hug.

I do however draw the line at my daughter painting our dogs toe nails. The simple thought brings to mind images from the movie Best in Show. While it’s a very well done movie, the nail painting represents a dog as more of an accessory. She’s not a purse (although travels comfortably in one).

I feel like we’re digressing here. Back to the Cheerios.

Yes…I admit it. I feed my dog Cheerios, and I do not think that I need to go to an anonymous support group to correct my habit. I’m not giving her Cheerios dipped in Chocolate. It’s oats and sugar! How bad can it be? 

To help show that I’m not completely out of my mind I Googled the question “Is it okay to feed my dog Cheerios”. Over 6.6 million results came back with an overwhelming number stating that it’s the best human food you can give a dog, and it’s great for training!  Woo Hoo!! I’m providing a healthy treat for her without realizing that I’m one of millions who do the same thing. I AM NOT ALONE!

Here’s a clip of another dog enjoying some tasty Cheerios…

Hmmm…now my mind is racing. What else can I give her that would be reasonably healthy. Is trail mix too harsh? She likes peanuts. Raisins would be bad. M&M’s are out. Frosted Flakes maybe? Back to Google…

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been feeding my dog cherios for treats since 1998 and he is still a happy healthy boy at over 13. He is a big dog and my Westie goes nuts for them. I throw them one at a time to see if she can catch them

Anonymous said...

Nuts can be dangerous for digestion in small dogs. One or two not bad.

Anonymous said...

HahajxjsksxdukcdnviunsfvfsivnfsuvnsfuinvsrufinsivnsrvdsnhvsdovundsvhsdvojnsdfojndvsjonπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘‚πŸ’‚πŸ‘‚πŸ’‚πŸ‘„πŸ’€πŸ‘„πŸ’‚πŸ‘„πŸ’€πŸ‘„πŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΌπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΌπŸ‘©πŸ‘¨πŸ’‘πŸ‘¨πŸ‘΄πŸ’πŸ™ŒπŸ’ͺπŸ‘ˆπŸšΆπŸ’¦πŸ‘ŒπŸ’¦πŸ’’πŸ’¨πŸ‘ŒπŸ’€πŸŒŸ❤πŸ‘πŸ‘„πŸ‘„πŸ‘„πŸΉπŸ¨πŸ΄πŸŒŠπŸ¨☁πŸŒŠπŸΉπŸŒŠπŸ°πŸ°πŸπŸπŸ·πŸ¦πŸŒ΅πŸƒπŸŒΈπŸ™πŸŒ΅πŸ πŸŸπŸŒ΄πŸ³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡·πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡·πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ⚠⚠πŸš…πŸš…πŸš„⛽♨πŸŽŒπŸš‰πŸπŸ’ˆ♨πŸ†•⬆πŸ†—↘↖πŸ”↘πŸ†•8⃣7⃣πŸ†•πŸˆ⬇8⃣πŸ†•↘⬅↙πŸ†•πŸ’ŸπŸšΎπŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸšΌ㊙✴πŸ‰㊗πŸˆ‚πŸšΊπŸˆ‚✳πŸ”žπŸ”ž♓πŸ…±♒⬅✴↙㊙↙✴⚠↖πŸ’ˆ✴πŸπŸ”πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί✴㊗πŸ”πŸšΊ✴πŸšΊπŸ”⬅πŸˆ‚✳

Anonymous said...

Thread fed up complete,moving on to ndext

Unknown said...

PHEW! I'm so glad today my dog ate a cherrio and I was out of my my INSANE cuz I was scared he was gonna die or something :( it fell on the floor he ate it before I got there so.... Ya :(

About Me

My Photo
Ang
I'm a fan of things that are tangibly funny. Meaning, is it real...could it, or did it really happen. It's the reality of life and the connection to a moment that can bring on a type of unforgettable laughter.
View my complete profile

Site Counter

hit counter
Powered by real time web analytics software.

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed